BlessedX2

BLESSEDX2







Sunday, August 26, 2012

Start of a new year and so much more..

This year is bitter sweet. Not only is JT growing up way to fast, but Pate started kindergarten!!!! It was easier sending Pate than it was JT, but only bc Pate is with me at school. Its great that we all ride to school this year together. I am so blessed to have a career that allows me to be with my kids. I am also lucky that my kids LOVE school. JT loves 7th grade. He is on an amazing team this year. I knew when I chose the team that he would love having a male teacher and I was right! Pate has Mrs. Bryan and she loves her. She is so sweet, patient and loves on her kids all the time. What a great feeling to know your kids are in great hands all day. I have an amazing class this year! The kids are so sweet, smart and fun!! I love that I know so many of their parents and have had so many of their siblings. I hope the year continues to be a huge success!!! Our life is back to crazy mode. Craig is in full swing of football and JTs travel team is playing some fall tournaments this year so no break in sight. On top of all that Pate has been asked to join team at gymnastics. I wish I could say she gets it from me (ha) or its genetics but..... she is just one talented girl. We switched to Flame bc we wanted the whole gymnastics experience and at ACU its just tumbling. Within the first 3 weeks at flame Pate has been bumped up in level 3 times. The latest class she went to she was the youngest by 10 years. It was 5 girls and 4 were 15 and then there was Pate. :0) To say she loves it is an understatement. She literally flips around the house and begs everyday to go to gymnastics. SO, we are going to give team a try. I was very hesitant about her doing it bc she will be the youngest and the hours are long but we are going to give it a try and see if she can do it. When we adopted Pate our goal was to give her the life she couldnt have. So, we are going to give her every opportunity to succeed to be the best she can be at whatever it is she wants to do. This is a huge commitment for not only Pate but our family. Practices are 3 hours a night, two days a week, 9 competitions throughout this year, which means I will be going one way with Pate and Craig will have to go the other with JT to ball tournaments, which will KILL me. But, we do what we have to for our kids. It will all work out! I am excited to see her grow as a gymnast and cant wait to see where this will take her!! Our life is crazy and chaotic but I wouldnt change it for anything! One day all the craziness will be gone and I will want it all back! So, I am going to enjoy every minute of it. In all this chaos I MAKE time to run. Its hard some days and it may be a short run but it is my peace! I have been contemplating doing the LR marathon again. Not sure Ill have the time to train so may just do the half but I love to have goals to reach. It keeps me motivated. Ive started running with a running group and I love it. It was great seeing the people new to running come out and meeting new people to run with. So great to be around motivating people that share the love of running. All my pics I would attach to this post from our last couple of weeks are on my phone and I have yet to put them on the computer so as soon as I do, I will post.

No comments:

Post a Comment