BlessedX2

BLESSEDX2







Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Break and more....

Alot has been going on but I have anything but time to blog. Lets see, this may be out of order but oh well. Craig an JTs seasons have both started so we are literally home maybe one night a week. It's a little too much sometimes but I know one day I'll look back and wish I had all this craziness back. JTs team won first place last wknd in the Van buren Tourn. He played great. He plays again this wknd in Alma and then again next wknd in Tulsa. Craig is out of town again this wknd for the third wknd in 4 wks. His team is playing in Jonesboro. Just glad they are having a good tournament.
Our spring break usually doesn't consist of anything to exciting bc of Craigs baseball schedule. We did manage to have two days of no ball so we made a quick trip to Branson. The Whittingtons went with us so we had a great time. It rained almost all of both days but it didn't stop us from eating, shopping, shopping, shopping, and playing! ;0) it was nice to get away even if it was for just two days. Great times with some great friends.
Ok, random thought but, growing up and really up till last year I have looked forward to summer not only for the heat (I hate being cold) but for the SUN! I loved to lay out and get as brown as a peanut. The older I get the more I realize just how ridiculous that was. Looking back I not only see how unhealthy it was but also unattractive. I mean really, what is attractive about looking like leather and just think what I would look like in 15 years. I think it slapped me in the face the other day hard when I saw an old friend of mine that literally looked 15 years older than what she should . You could tell it was not a spray tan. Its sad to imagine how she will look in 10 yrs. So, I now chose to be white!!!!! I love the sun and won't avoid it but I no longer have the desire to fry my skin just to look 50 when I'm 35. I just pray I haven't waited to long. I want to be around for my family for a long time. Skin cancer and wrinkles definitely are reason enough for me to protect myself. I also want to be a positive influence for my kids. Ok enough of my soap box. ;0)
I can't believe we are about to start the last 9 wks of school. This yr has flown by. Not that I'm Complaining but I would like for my kids life to slow down. I can not believe JT will be 12 in just a few months. Just doesn't seem possible.
Ok having trouble posting pics so next blog will probably be just pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment