BlessedX2

BLESSEDX2







Saturday, December 25, 2010

Eye opener

Before my sister came to town her and my mom had called ahead to two of the nursing homes here in Greenwood to find out if they had any patients that they could by Christmas for. They asked to buy for someone that maybe didnt have family around or maybe just none at all. Pate and I went with them to deliver their gifts. I never expected to be taken back like I was. I havent quit thinking about these 6 people. Our first visit to Golden Living we met 3 of the sweatest people ever. The first lady was so thrilled to have a visitor and even more so that we were bringing her gifts. She was so kind hearted. Come to find out she has family (kids) that live in Greenwood that havent been to see her in A YEAR!!! Same story with the other two residents. Family within minutes of them that just never come to visit. I was so sad leaving there knowing that we may be their only visitors for the next year. Our next stop was Pink Bud and unfortunetly it was the same story there. No family or friends that come to visit or bring them gifts. I told Craig that I have decided that once every week or two the kids and I are going to start visiting theses amazing people. They just loved Pate and just bringing a smile to there face is worth more than any present anyone could ever get you. I think it will not only be great for these sweet people but also a great experience for my kids. JT is so tendered hearted and I know he will be just great with them. Definetly a Christmas experience I will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome! What an eye opener and heart breaking at the same time. Thanks for sharing and the kids and I are more than glad to go with you anytime!

    ReplyDelete