BlessedX2

BLESSEDX2







Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Just one more thing

Ok, so my last post was all about not enough hours in the day and how I just cant do it all. So, what do I do? Add one more thing to it. Along with my running I am trying this new workout. I am not gonna name the name yet. I dont want to endorse if it doesnt work. So, I am gonna give it a few weeks and then Ill update the success of it. But I will say after doing it twice I am SORE!! Love that feeling. :0)
On another note, one of my New Years resolutions was to take the kids to the nursing homes to visit with some of the residents that normally dont have people come to see them. My mom and I took the kids yesterday after school and I am SO glad we did. We visited with Ms. Wanita and Ms. Opal. My kids were so sweet to them and I know we made there day. The smile on their faces said it all. Ms. Opal hugged and smiled and just kept saying how glad she was to see us. We saw her at Christmas and at that time JT wasnt with us and she kept saying to JT, "boy, you are growing like a weed". She just talked to him like he was her own. We brought them both a little gift and Ms. Opal told us she was gonna wear her new scarf we got her on Easter. She is one the sweatest, most loving women I have met. Its so sad to know that she is a mother, grandmother and  her family lives within a few miles and only goes to visit her once or twice a year. We will definetly be back to see them SOON. If you have any extra time (which I know is hard with kids) you should really pay those places a visit. You dont have to stay long, and something so little makes their day, week, year. I really am looking forward for the kids and I to go back. What a great feeling we all had when we left. And such a great life lesson for the kids.
Was looking today at my race plan. Hoping to get some 10k's in this year. Next one I think I will do will be in Van Buren on the 14th, its called the "Mud Run", SO looking foward to that.

Quote today fit our "visit" this week perfectly : “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blessing to those women!! (and a blessing to you and your kids too!) Love the quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great idea! We need to do that. Do you just walk in and sit down?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, you just go and ask if you can visit with some that may not have many visitors. If you go, you have to see Opal. She is a doll!! We went to the one next to Health Depot. Have the boys draw pics or something to take with you. They will LOVE it. You can even call ahead and tell them what you want to do and they will tell you who would be good to come visit.

    ReplyDelete