BlessedX2

BLESSEDX2







Saturday, March 19, 2011

I DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe I actually did it. Not only did I do it but I only walked a total of .47(less than a half a mile) the whole 13.1 miles. I will have to say I wasnt sure I could do it. I hadnt run much more than 5 miles at a time ever. The race itself was a mess. No one knew where to go half way through the race and the teenage boys working the water stations didnt either. I was passing people going the opposite direction that were once in front of me. Oh well, we found our way through it. When I crossed the finish line I was actually at 12.86 on my gps so I ran a little more just to get to that 13.1. I didnt want to say I didnt do it all. Jen and Tara did awesome too. Jen came in a few seconds before me and Tara not far behind. My official race time was 1:54. I felt great the whole time when it came to my breathing. I could have gone further if it wasnt for my calves and the cramping that started to happen at about mile 11. It literally felt like my calves were hard as rocks in a big tight ball. I wasnt going to quit. I just pushed through the pain and came out with a time WAY better than I had ever hoped for. Im so glad I got to experience this with my sister and Tara. So, whens the next? :0)
Excuse the no make-up pics. O'natural!!

Early this morning before the run.



Jen and I freezing after the race

WE DID IT!!!

A little out of order but this was seconds before the gun sounded.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo!! We did it!!! Have to say that is quite possibly the worst pics of me!! But hey, it wasn't about fashion this morning!! ;)
    Awesome job, Laura! So proud of ya!!

    ReplyDelete