BlessedX2

BLESSEDX2







Monday, March 28, 2011

"Mommy, tell me about when I was born"

The kids and I are on our way back from Tulsa late last night, JT is sacked out in the back seat and of course Pate is WIDE awake. Out of nowhere Pate says, "mommy, tell me about when I was born". It kinda took me off guard. I said well, remember you werent born in mommys tummy, you were born in our hearts, we adopted you. Well, she wouldnt quit asking over and over "tell me about when I was born". So, I said, we prayed and prayed for you and when you were one we got you and so I didnt know you when you were first born. Someone else had you in their belly and Jesus just gave you to us to take care of bc we prayed so hard for you. She then says , "just like Zoey". (There is a little girl down the street that was adopted and no matter how many times I tell Pate that her name is not Zoey she insist on calling her that). I said yes just like Zoey, how did you know? She said "I can just tell with my own eyes."  I said how. She said "bc me and Zoey look exactly alike, she has curly hair and brown skin just like me." I smiled from ear to ear. It melted my heart. I just hope that as she gets older she knows just how much we love her and even though she "wasnt in my belly" that she has always been ours and was always MEANT TO BE!!!

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh,Laura ~ How sweet is that?! Such a precious story, such a precious girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You guys have a great story! I know Pate will always knows God chose her to complete your family! Such a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I love that she and Sophee (Zoey) share similar life stories! On occasion we discuss how Jesus let David and I be the mommy and daddy-we are all SO blessed! Thank you for posting that sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome, Laura! :) I have tears in my eyes--such a sweet, sweet baby girl. So glad I am getting to know her!

    ReplyDelete