BlessedX2

BLESSEDX2







Monday, February 28, 2011

Meant to be

Today I attended a workshop in Fort Smith on Attachment Disorder for a child we have this year that is struggling. I know it was meant to be for me to be there today not only for her but for Pate. If I had a check list I would have checked over half the things she said today that applied to Pate. Even though we got Pate when she was so young the attachment mechanism in your brain starts developing at birth until 18 months. We got Pate just a few months shy of that and I have always worried that would be a problem. I have to say she has gotten better (knock on wood) but she still has her moments that really worry me. She always has a fear of leaving me, if its to go to school or when I just run to Walmart but I was hoping it was just her age. After today I know different. The good news is it can be fixed and she can learn to trust and not have the worries she has of us leaving. Belive me we aren't going ANYWHERE. We are here for the long haul no matter what obstacles we have to overcome. Its a learning process for the whole family. This is all so different for us, JT has never had these issues so its new for us all.
On another note, baseball is starting this week!! Our house is a little stressed and chaotic but its a good kind of nervous energy. The weather looks like it will be beautiful for the games. JT starts this weekend so the kids and I will be in Fay while Craig is finishing up his tournament. Ive been getting in alot of running lately and hope to get in atleast 4 more days this week. Im glad my parents are here to help take the kids here and there for me when I need them to so I can get my 45 minutes to myself to run. Medicine for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment